Blueberry Ice Cream Tart
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + freezing
- 1-1/2 cups crushed vanilla wafers (about 45 wafers)
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 quart vanilla ice cream, softened
- 1 can (21 ounces) blueberry pie filling
- In a small bowl, combine wafer crumbs and cinnamon; stir in butter. Press onto the bottom of a greased 9-in. springform pan; set aside.
- Place ice cream in a large bowl; gently fold in pie filling. Spread over crust. Cover and freeze until firm. Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving. Remove sides of pan.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 316 calories, 13g fat (7g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 143mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (34g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein.
May 27, 2014
Unfortunately I did not read Diannekendall's comment before I made this dessert, and the filling melted the ice cream way too much. I gave the pie aboue 3 hrs to refreeze which was not nearly enough time :(. It was still delicious! But it was very soupy. I would definitely put the blueberry pie filling can in the fridge before adding it, and I would give the entire dessert overnight to freeze. I will be making this again, great summer dessert!
Sep 2, 2011
My kids love this and request that I make it every year when our blueberries come in. I just make my own blueberry pie filling and use that instead of canned. Simple!
May 27, 2011
Really good and so easy to make!
Jul 18, 2010
It was really good. My 13 year old daughter made three of these for Fourth of July family celebration and they were a hit. Some hints: put blueberry pie filling in the fridge overnight so it does not melt the ice cream. Place frozen pie in fridge for 30 minutes prior to serving, then briefly at room temp. This will help soften it without melting on the outside. Overall, it was quite a hit!
Jun 24, 2010
Easy! My family loved it. Have made it several times!
Jun 23, 2010
I have made this recipe several times. It is easy to make and has always gotten good reviews. I will continue to make it. I did decorate the top with a few additional blueberries to add a bit more interest to it.
May 28, 2009
Be careful how much you stir the blueberries with the ice cream - or it will all be a pale purple color wihtout the pretty purple & white swirls.