Blueberry & Ginger Tart
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 4 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh mint
- 3-1/2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- Whipped cream
- In a food processor, combine the flour, brown sugar and butter; cover and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Remove and set aside 1 cup for topping. Stir 1 tablespoon lime juice into remaining pastry. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 11-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, ginger and mint. Add blueberries and remaining lime juice; toss to coat. Transfer to crust. Sprinkle with reserved topping.
- Bake at 400° for 40-45 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary. Cool completely on a wire rack. Serve with whipped cream.
Nutrition Facts1 slice (calculated without whipped cream): 249 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 75mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
May 5, 2015
This looks so yummy! I have blueberries planted and hopefully they bear fruit! I will still try your recipe with store bought ones. It is nice to see a fellow Arkansian's recipe. I live out from Conway!
Jul 5, 2012
I made this for our 4th of July party & it was AMAZING! I used a little more like juice than the recipe called for (1.5-2TBS) & slightly more flour, but all in all, it was perfect! I looked just like the picture (which almost never happens;) & tasted very refreshing! I would recommend using the foil trick listed! It kept those thin tart top edges from burning! 4 people from the party asked for the recipe! Big hit!