"I was really pleased with the results when I lightened up this layered dessert recipe that's been in our family for year," writes Alta Rodgers from Pottstown, Pennsylvania.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat butter, melted
- 1 package (8 ounces) reduced-fat cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 can (21 ounces) blueberry pie filling
- 1 cup reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a small bowl, combine the graham cracker crumbs and 1/4 cup sugar; stir in butter. Press into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and remaining sugar until smooth; add the eggs and vanilla. Pour over crust. Bake at 350°for 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool on a wire rack. Spread the pie filling. Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with whipped topping.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Land O'Lakes light stick butter.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 169 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 136mg sodium, 25g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Originally published as Blueberry Dessert in Light & Tasty February/March 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.