Blueberry Cream-Filled Muffins Recipe
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, melted
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries*
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Dash salt
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk and butter; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in the blueberries. Spoon about 2 round tablespoonfuls into greased muffin cups.
- 2. In a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese, egg, sugar and salt; place about 1 tablespoon in the center of each muffin cup (do not spread). Top with remaining batter. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in muffin comes out clean. cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 each: 214 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 283mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Blueberry Cream-Filled Muffins
"5 stars! The stars were not above to rate the recipe! My kids thought these were the best! Made it just as written. 6 t. of baking powder was just fine especially with 4 c. flour. I made a mistake when I measured the butter and put in 1 1/2 c. so ended up having to triple the recipe to save it! WOW! 12 c. flour, 18 t. baking powder, etc. I put dried cranberries in some, chocolate and caramel chips in some, cherry chips in some, and dark chocolate and macadamia in some after using up my blueberries. Most of these will go into the freezer to pull out as needed. My family loves to have a muffin for breakfast!"
"I've made these a couple times and used canned peaches once (draining the syrup and rinsing them off). Both turned out great. Don't be afraid of the 6 teaspoons of baking powder, that's what I used and they came out fine every time."
"After talking with several good bakers, all agreed 6 teaspoons was WAY to much. I had to throw some away and add vegetable oil to the rest of the batter to save it."
"Love this recipe! Make it all the time when we have guests over for brunch. Have even used frozen mixed berries."
"p.s. for those who dont know i used frozen blueberries.I placed the blueberries in flour before folding them helps the color not to bleed"
"made these to a tee.I always follow the recipie before reviewing it.The only thing i did was half it.2 dozen is too much for one.However they came out yummy did not look like the picture (rarely does) but very easy.dont be afraid of the baking powder amount turned out fine for me .If someone could tell me if these will freeze well (doubtfuol with cream cheese)let me know and ill make the whole batch thanks."
"I wish I could give this more stars! In 10+ years of baking, this is the BEST thing I have ever baked. Very pretty, looks just like the picture. I used fresh blueberries. I love these - and I don't even like blueberries!!"
"Isn't 6 tsps of baking powder unusual? Is this the correct measurement?Thanks"