Blueberry Corn Muffins
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- In a bowl, cream butter and sugars. Add egg; mix well. Combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt and nutmeg; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk just until moistened. Fold in blueberries.
- Coat muffin cups with cooking spray and use paper liners; fill two-thirds full with batter.
- Bake at 400° for 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 146 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 141mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 fruit.
Jun 6, 2013
We like eating a sweet cornbread with chili, so I follow this recipe but leave out the berries. As a dessert muffin, I bake as is. Delicious.
Aug 4, 2011
We made these for dinner - excellent. The best blueberry muffin I have ever had. The muffins turned out very moist and delicious. The recipe says 12 servings but there were only 3 remaining after dinner for my family of four!!! This one is a keeper!!!