- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/4 cups soy or 2% milk
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease an 8-in. square baking pan.
- Whisk together first five ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and oil; add to dry ingredients, stirring just until moistened. Fold in blueberries. Transfer to prepared pan.
- Bake until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, 30-35 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature. Yield: 9 servings.
Reviews forBlueberry Corn Bread
"I hope this came up as 5 stars.. I made this for lunch today, my son has been begging for cornbread and on recommendation of a fellow field editor , we tried it.Moist, not too sweet and cake like.. I doubled the recipe, added a bit of vanilla extract and replaced some of the sugar with honey. Hubby even liked it and he doeant care for cornbread. My 8 year old had 4 huge pieces. Thanks!!!!"