Blueberry Colada Mini Loaves
What do you get when you combine a pina colada and quick bread? This delightfully different treat that mixes in plenty of blueberries, too. The recipe makes eight miniature loaves.—Brenda K. Bonn, Geneva, Illinois
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling
Makes8 mini loaves (6 slices each)
- 2/3 cup shortening
- 1-1/3 cups sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, cream shortening and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the pineapple, milk and lemon juice. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt; gradually beat into the creamed mixture. Fold in blueberries and coconut.
- Transfer to eight greased 4-1/2x2-1/2x1-1/2-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool for 15 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Nutrition Facts1 slice: 94 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 77mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Originally published as Lemon Blueberry Bread in Country Woman Christmas 2010
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.