- 1-1/4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 package (3 ounces) berry blue gelatin
- 1/2 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 5 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1-2/3 cups fresh blueberries
- Additional fresh blueberries
- In a large saucepan, combine marshmallows and butter. Cook and stir over medium heat until marshmallows are melted. Stir in cereal. With greased hands, press onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. pie plate; set aside.
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water; stir in cold water. Refrigerate until partially set, about 1 hour.
- In a small bowl, beat cream until it begins to thicken. Add confectioners' sugar; beat until soft peaks form.
- Fold berries and 3 cups whipped cream into gelatin mixture. Pour into crust. Refrigerate pie and remaining whipped cream for up to 4 hours. Garnish with reserved cream and additional blueberries. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews forBlueberry Cloud Pie
"I made this for my brother, he liked it a lot.To cut down on time and speed things up, put the JELLO in the freezer for about 30 minutes. Also, place the bowl and beaters you're going use to beat the cream in the freezer for about 5 minutes."
"my husband made this last night for me for my birthday and my family really liked the flavor, but i have a question - how firm/thick is the filling supposed to get? our pie was pretty runny. VERY GOOD, but runny."
"I'm confused. The recipe calls for 2 cups of cream, then in the directions it states to fold in 3 cups of cream.Also, does cool whip really make a good substitute for the cream in this recipe? There's just way too much fat in this recipe for me to make this with cream."
"Using Cool Whip would make it a bit lighter, and easier...but it's a keeper at our house!"
"I used raspberry gelatin and fresh raspberries and produced a super pie. I will try it again with other berry/gelatin combos. So many possibilities.Thanks, Denise."
"This recipe is so great! I also made one with orange and pineapple."