- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup orange juice
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, combine the flours, sugar, salt and baking soda. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, orange juice, oil and orange peel. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in blueberries and pecans.
- Transfer to two 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Yield: 2 loaves (6 slices each).
Reviews forBlueberry-Citrus Mini Loaves
"Simple and quick to make. A definite repeater. I used 1/2 cup Splenda and 1/4 cup sugar and the recipe was still excellent. Thank you for a great recipe!"
"Wonderful!!! My granddaughter and I just made this recipe. We doubled it and made 14 muffins and one mini loaf. Can't eat just one???????"
"Excellent!! Very moist and delicious. I used regular whole wheat flour because I didn't have the pastry flour. Instead of mini loaf pans I used one 9x5x3" loaf pan. It took about 50 min. of baking time. Will definitely make this again. It freezes well. I used about 3/4 c. frozen blueberries and walnuts instead of pecans. YUMMY!!"
"I didn't have whole wheat pastry flour so I used regular whole wheat flour, less 2 Tblsp, replaced 1/8 cup of the oil with 1/8 cup applesauce. Turned out perfect. Great with yogurt and fruit for breakfast."
"My husband just brought home a huge container of blueberries and I had just seen this recipe, so I made it. This is a REALLY GOOD recipe. easy to prepare. I think next time I will toast the pecans before I add them; that should put it over the top!"
"Super and quick to mix!"
"just picked a big dish of blueberries off my plants..and could not wait to try this recipe, was nice and moist and the flavor was so good!!! Is on my list to give as gifts."
"Just made it and it is quick to make and delicious to eat. My flour had to be extra dry so it required almost twice the amount of orange juice but that just made it even more orange flavor and very good indeed. Not often do I find another excellent blueberry recipe to make frequently but this is perfect in fresh blueberry season."
"These were great!! Yummy breakfast treat and the small loaves make a great little gift. I highly recommend:)"
"These little loaves were moist and full of flavor. I have made them numerous times and they were a big hit with my family & friends."