- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1-1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon grated orange peel
- CITRUS FROSTING:
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups whipped topping
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, eggs, orange juice and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Fold in blueberries and peels. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, combine cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add the confectioners' sugar, orange juice and peels; beat until blended. Fold in whipped topping.
- Spread frosting between layers and over the top and sides of cake. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forBlueberry Citrus Cake
"The taste of this is great, however the "icing" is terrible! It is a sloppy runny mess. The cake tastes amazing, but next time I make this, I will make a lot less of the icing and with only half a cup of whipped cream."
"This was the best cake I have ever made and ever tasted. There were 5 adults and not one piece was left. Everyone loved it."
"I added crushed pineapple (drained) to the icing. My family loved it!!!!"
"I made this cake for my husband's birthday. Everyone's reaction was OMG! OMG! It is the ONLY cake I've ever made that was completely GONE at the end of the meal. We gave a piece to our neighbor and hedidn't even wait for a fork before he dug in. This cake is very light and flavorful. Very, very good. My daughter requested it for her birthday, too, so we'll be enjoying it again soon."
"Very light and refreshing! My family LOVED it. Great for summer gatherings."
"Can I use a white cake mix with this recipe?"
"I'd love to try this recipe, but does anyone know how frozen blueberries would work in it? Should they be thawed or left frozen? Thanks"