Fresh blueberries and dried apricots are tossed with brown sugar and other tasty ingredients, then lightly simmered to create a delicious chutney. Serve this treat from our Test Kitchen warm or at room temperature.
Recommended: Our Favorite Canning Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 cup Italian salad dressing
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- For chutney, in a large saucepan, combine the first eight ingredients. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; cook, uncovered, for 20-25 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, pour salad dressing into a large resealable plastic bag; add the chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Cool chutney to room temperature. Drain and discard marinade. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 5-6 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 170°. Serve with chutney. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Chutney for Grilled Chicken in Simple & Delicious May/June 2007, p41