Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes Recipe
- BLUEBERRY SYRUP:
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 2 tablespoons warm water (110* to 115*)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1-1/4 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the blueberries, sugar and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until slightly thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir in lemon juice; keep warm.
- 2. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Gradually stir in buttermilk, yeast mixture and oil until smooth. In a small bowl, beat eggs and cream; stir into the batter.
- 3. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto a greased hot griddle. Sprinkle each pancake with about 1 tablespoon blueberries. Turn when bubbles form on top of pancake; cook until second side is golden brown. Serve with warm blueberry syrup. Yield: 6 servings.
Editor’s Note: If using frozen blueberries, do not thaw before adding to batter.
3 each: 516 calories, 16g fat (6g saturated fat), 137mg cholesterol, 534mg sodium, 84g carbohydrate (48g sugars, 3g fiber), 12g protein.
Reviews for Blueberry Buttermilk Pancakes
"Wish I'd read the reviews before wasting so many ingredients. These are not good. I thought the yeast would make a delicious pancake, but in the end I think it is what ruined them. Try another buttermilk recipe."
"Batter was very thin. Will add more flour next time. Otherwise, great taste."