Blueberry Buckle with Lemon Sauce Recipe
THIS recipe is a family favorite, served warm as dessert, plain or with a scoop of ice cream. My family also likes it cold as a coffee cake. But the lemon sauce topping makes this traditional dessert a little different, enhancing the flavor of the blueberries.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- LEMON SAUCE:
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the egg, milk and butter; add to dry ingredients just until moistened. Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Top with blueberries.
- 2. For topping, in a small bowl, combine the sugar, flour and cinnamon; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over blueberries.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- 4. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and lemon peel; gradually stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil over low heat, stirring constantly. Cook and stir 1 minute longer or until thickened. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and lemon juice. Serve warm with buckle. Yield: 9 servings (1 cup sauce).
1 piece: 402 calories, 18g fat (11g saturated fat), 68mg cholesterol, 285mg sodium, 57g carbohydrate (30g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Blueberry Buckle with Lemon Sauce
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC