- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a small mixing bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add egg; mix well. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in blueberries. Spread into an 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- For topping, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Split the loaf in half lengthwise; cut into thirds. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews forBlueberry Buckle with Cinnamon Topping
"Everyone liked it. I used skim milk instead of the 2% and it worked just fine."