Blueberry Buckle with Cinnamon Topping
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in blueberries. Spread into an 8x4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- For topping, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 248 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Jul 4, 2018
I made this recipe this morning and found that the picture that was included with the recipe was not accurate. The picture shows a cake that is about 3 or 4 inches high. When I made the cake, it came out only about an inch high. The coffee cake tasted fine, but just wanted as high as I though it should be. I used the correct pan, and followed the recipe exactly. However, with only one cup of flour, there really wasn't enough batter to have a three inch cake. I would probably double the ingredients to have a higher product if I make the recipe again.
Aug 15, 2010
Everyone liked it. I used skim milk instead of the 2% and it worked just fine.