Blueberry Buckle with Cinnamon Topping
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min. + cooling
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in blueberries. Spread into an 8x4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- For topping, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
Editor's NoteIf using frozen blueberries, use without thawing to avoid discoloring the batter.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 248 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 57mg cholesterol, 230mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein.
Jul 4, 2018
I made this recipe this morning and found that the picture that was included with the recipe was not accurate. The picture shows a cake that is about 3 or 4 inches high. When I made the cake, it came out only about an inch high. The coffee cake tasted fine, but just wanted as high as I though it should be. I used the correct pan, and followed the recipe exactly. However, with only one cup of flour, there really wasn't enough batter to have a three inch cake. I would probably double the ingredients to have a higher product if I make the recipe again.
Aug 15, 2010
Everyone liked it. I used skim milk instead of the 2% and it worked just fine.