VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- In a small bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture alternately with milk, beating well after each addition. Fold in blueberries. Spread into an 8x4-in. loaf pan coated with cooking spray.
- For topping, combine the flour, sugar and cinnamon in a small bowl. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry Buckle in Cooking for 2 Spring 2005, p29
Reviews forBlueberry Buckle with Cinnamon Topping
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 15, 2010
"Everyone liked it. I used skim milk instead of the 2% and it worked just fine."