- 1 can (21 ounces) blueberry pie filling
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 5 large eggs, room temperature, separated
- 1/3 cup crushed gingersnap cookies (about 10 cookies)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Confectioners' sugar and maple syrup
- In a small bowl, combine pie filling and lemon zest; transfer to a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. In a large bowl, combine the egg yolks, crushed cookies, sugar and extract; set aside.
- In a large bowl with clean beaters, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form. Fold into cookie mixture. Spread over filling; sprinkle with almonds.
- Microwave, uncovered, at 50% power for 12-15 minutes or until topping is set. Let stand for 5 minutes before serving. Sprinkle servings with confectioners' sugar and drizzle with syrup.
1 piece: 264 calories, 7g fat (1g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 110mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (33g sugars, 3g fiber), 6g protein.