Blueberry Breakfast Cake Recipe
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons cold butter or margarine
- 1. In a mixing bowl, combine flour, sugar and baking powder. Add egg, milk, butter and lemon peel; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened. Fold in the blueberries. Spread in a greased 9-in. square baking pan. For topping, combine sugar, flour, walnuts and cinnamon. Cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over batter. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until cake tests done. Yield: 9 servings.
1 piece: 320 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 49mg cholesterol, 194mg sodium, 48g carbohydrate (22g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Blueberry Breakfast Cake
"This batter was really thick. The recipe should indicate that. I was going to throw it out as I thought I had done something wrong. I baked it anyway, and it was okay, but rather dry. I also used 2 tsp of lemon peel instead of the 1 tsp given in the recipe. The cake was okay, but I don't think I will make it again."
"I think the cake has potential, but the lemon flavor was not strong enough. I would add more zest or lemon juice if I made it again."