Blueberry Bread Pudding
My husband cooks breakfast for a men's Bible study group every Sunday. When he makes this dish, there's never any left.
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 30 min.
- 2 slices day-old Italian bread
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons whole milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Dash ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- Confectioners' sugar
- Cut bread into 1/2-in. cubes; place into a greased 20-oz. baking dish. In a bowl, combine the egg yolk, cream, milk, sugar, butter, vanilla, nutmeg and cinnamon. Stir in blueberries. Pour over bread cubes. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar and serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 piece: 401 calories, 27g fat (15g saturated fat), 181mg cholesterol, 317mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (19g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Blueberry Bread Pudding in Cooking for One or Two Cookbook