Cubes of toasted raisin bread top this yummy blueberry treat that has just the right degree of sweetness. "I concocted the recipe years ago for a weight-loss group I belonged to," writes Nancy Baylor of Nixa, Missouri. "It also tastes great on a cold morning!"
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 2 slices raisin bread, toasted and cubed
- Dash ground nutmeg
- In a bowl, beat the eggs, milk, sugar substitute, vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Stir in the blueberries.
- Pour into two 1-cup baking dishes coated with cooking spray. Top with toast cubes; sprinkle with nutmeg. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until bubbly.