Blueberry BBQ Chicken
I never thought "blueberries" and "BBQ" went together until I tried this dish! We had this during our annual fourth of July cookout and more than just patriotic, this dish was seriously delicious! Good thing its healthy because I had more than one. —Kendra Doss, Colorado Springs, Colorado
Total TimePrep: 30 min. Grill: 20 min.
- 1 cup fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 shallots, minced
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (about 6 ounces each)
- In a small saucepan over low heat, bring blueberries to a boil; cook and stir until softened, 4-5 minutes. Mash berries. Add next eight ingredients; increase heat to medium. Bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until thickened, 15-20 minutes. Remove about 3/4 cup sauce; reserve. Refrigerate, covered, until just before serving. Brush chicken with remaining sauce. Refrigerate chicken and remaining sauce, covered, about 1 hour.
- Place chicken on a greased grill rack. Grill, covered, over medium direct heat, brushing occasionally with remaining sauce, 8-10 minutes. Turn; grill, brushing with sauce, until a thermometer reads 165°, 8-10 minutes longer. Discard any remaining grilling sauce.
- Microwave reserved sauce, covered, on high until heated through, 30-60 seconds. Serve with grilled chicken.
Nutrition Facts1 serving: 328 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 94mg cholesterol, 1110mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 1g fiber), 36g protein.
Originally published as Blueberry BBQ Chicken in tasteofhome.com
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.