VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 5 cups fresh or frozen unsweetened blueberries
- 1-1/4 cups shredded peeled apples (about 2 medium)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- BISCUIT TOPPING:
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ALMOND CRUMBLE:
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- Preheat oven to . 375°In a large bowl, combine sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and nutmeg. Add blueberries, apples and lemon juice; toss to coat. Transfer to a greased 13x9-in. baking dish.
- For biscuit topping, in a small bowl, mix flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Cut in butter until crumbly. Whisk cream, yogurt and vanilla; stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Drop by spoonfuls over fruit.
- For almond crumble, in another bowl, combine almonds, flour and brown sugar. Cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over top.
- Bake 30-40 minutes or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden brown. Cool on a wire rack 30 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Blueberry-Apple Cobbler with Almond Topping in Taste of Home February/March 2013
Reviews forBlueberry-Apple Cobbler with Almond Topping
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 12, 2014
"I loved this cobbler. It's delicious and not too sweet."
Reviewed Feb. 3, 2013
"Was very good. We ate it with a scoop of ice cream. Next time I will try to 1/2 it as it is way too much o 3 or 4 people."