- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 prepared angel food cake (8 to 10 ounces), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 cans (21 ounces each) blueberry pie filling
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth; fold in whipped topping and cake cubes. Spread evenly into an ungreased 13x9-in. dish; top with pie filling. Refrigerate, covered, at least 2 hours before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Reviews forBlueberry Angel Dessert
"How can I make this with frozen with frozen blueberries?"
"Like a few others , I wanted to use strawberries. So I made a glaze:10 oz. strawberries1/2 c. cold water1/2 c. sugar1/4 c. cornstarch1/2 (3 oz.) box strawberry JelloOn medium heat, mix strawberries, water, sugar and cornstarch. Mix thoroughly and bring to a slow boil. Slowly add Jello and continue cooking until mixture begins to thicken. Remove from heat and cool. (From Cooks.com)I used this instead of canned blueberry. I also topped with fresh strawberries.This worked beautifully!"
"I have made this numerous times, and it is always well liked. The last time I made it, instead of using blueberry pie filling, I used one can of strawberry and mixed in cut up fresh strawberries to cover the top. I took it to a church function, and came home with an empty dish and many compliments. Strawberry pie filling doesn't have much fruit in it, so it served as more of a glaze. It is a versatile recipe and can easily be halved."
"I tried this with pineapple, per my sons girlfriend who made it. Delicious is all I can say. I want to try it with strawberries also because I am not a big blueberry fan."
"Delicious! I made this today and served it to guests tonight - got compliments. I used real whipped cream instead of cool-whip. And I used fresh blueberries and raspberries. I drizzled a bit of chocolate syrup on top just before serving in individual dishes."
"I have made this for two family events, and it has been a huge hit! I recommend making it the day before, it's much better after 24 hours."