Blueberry Almond Biscotti
These biscotti are the perfect treats for an indoor tea party or an outdoor garden party! If you’re not a fan of almond extract, vanilla works as well. —Scarlett Elrod, Newnan, GA
Total TimePrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1-3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup dried blueberries
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup unblanched almonds, coarsely chopped
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, sugar and extract until thick and lemon-colored. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to egg mixture and mix well. Stir in the blueberries, coconut and almonds.
- Divide dough in half. Using lightly floured hands, shape each into a 9x2-1/2-in. rectangle on parchment-lined baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 20 minutes or until firm and lightly browned.
- Place pans on wire racks. When cool enough to handle, transfer loaves to a cutting board; cut diagonally with a serrated knife into 1/2-in. slices. Place slices cut side down on ungreased baking sheets. Reduce heat to 325°. Bake for 5-7 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks. Store in an airtight container.
Test Kitchen tips
Nutrition Facts1 biscotti: 106 calories, 3g fat (1g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 63mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic exchanges: 1 starch, 1/2 fat.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.