Blue Ribbon Carrot Cake Cookies
Total TimePrep: 50 min. Bake 10 min./batch + cooling
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon rum extract
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 3/4 cup raisins
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 2 tablespoons crushed pineapple
- Additional confectioners' sugar
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the eggs and extracts. Combine the flour, oats, cinnamon, salt, baking soda, ginger and nutmeg; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in the walnuts, carrots and raisins.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls 2 in. apart onto greased baking sheets. Flatten with a glass dipped in sugar. Bake at 350° for 9-11 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, confectioners' sugar and vanilla until light and fluffy. Stir in walnuts and pineapple. Spread over the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Sprinkle both sides with additional confectioners' sugar. Store in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Facts1 sandwich cookie: 176 calories, 10g fat (5g saturated fat), 29mg cholesterol, 117mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 1g fiber), 2g protein.
Apr 2, 2018
Outstanding cookies! Made these for Easter and everyone loved them. Definite winner and will be making again.
Nov 15, 2015
best cookie ever ! my daughter's favorite cake is carrot cake, I had to try this recipe, and I was not desappointed!
Feb 25, 2015
Hard to eat just one. These are fabulous. I didn't have pineapple, so I left it out.
Feb 17, 2015
I am going to use this recipe the next time my Kingdom Hall (church) has a get together.
Feb 16, 2015
I made these for my sister-in-law's baby shower because she loves carrot cake. These cookies were amazing! My sister-in-law loved them and so did everyone else who had them. Definitely will make again!
Feb 13, 2015
Delicious! Our church treats our local teachers to cookies once per month. I made these for my turn at baking because I love carrot cake. Instead of making sandwiches, I iced each cookie and sprinkled the toasted nuts on top. I made smaller ones which looked very elegant. Toasting the nuts is a must.
Sep 5, 2014
These were delish!! I put a bit more carrots and nuts in the cookie mixture and a bit more crushed pineapple and lessened the sugar for the filling. Yum!
Sep 7, 2013
...and I am. Thank you very much.
Aug 26, 2013
Not overly sweet and perfect size for a light dessert....Love carrot cake but not the time and effort that goes into making a whole carrot cake, try my award winning carrot cake cookies and surprise your friends, family and carrot cake lovers everywhere!!.also a great to go snack!!!
Apr 7, 2013
LOVED these cookies! Left out the rum extract, walnuts, and raisins (not crazy about those ingredients), and the cookies came out tasting just like our favorite carrot cake. Used a family recipe for the cream cheese frosting, put it in a cookie press, and filled the cookies easily that way. (Frosting recipe: 3 ounces cream cheese, 1/4 cup butter, 2 cups powdered sugar, 1 teaspoon vanilla) If we manage to have any left after the weekend, I will wrap them in plastic wrap and freeze them. A great treat for later!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.