- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup orange juice
- 2-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 medium baking apples, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- Confectioners' sugar
- In a mixing bowl, combine flour, 2 cups sugar, baking powder and salt. Combine eggs, oil, orange juice and vanilla; add to flour mixture and mix well. In a bowl, toss apples with cinnamon and remaining sugar. Spread a third of the batter into a greased 10-in. tube pan. Top with half the apples. Repeat layers. Carefully spread remaining batter over apples. Bake at 350° for 55-65 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pan 15 minutes before removing to a wire rack; cool. Dust with confectioners' sugar. Yield: 16 servings.
Reviews forBlue Ribbon Apple Cake
"Greatest Apple cake I've ever made."
"I forgot to click on the stars - would rate 5 star!"
"This cake is delicious and very moist. I added some chopped walnuts over the apple slices and liked the addition. This was raved over by guests. It kept moist for several days."