Blue Plate Beef Patties Recipe
- 1 egg
- 2 green onions with tops, sliced
- 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 jar (12 ounces) beef gravy
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 to 3 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1. In a bowl, beat the egg; stir in onions, bread crumbs and mustard. Add beef and mix well. Shape into four 1/2-in.-thick patties. In a ungreased skillet, cook patties for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine gravy, water and horseradish; add mushrooms. Pour over patties. Cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until mushrooms are tender and heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 438 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 170mg cholesterol, 825mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 41g protein.
Reviews for Blue Plate Beef Patties
"I've been making this recipe for years. The horseradish really makes a great sauce!"
"Nice change from meatloaf or regular hamburger for an easy meal."
"Love it! I have made this numerous time with mashed potatoes. I omit the horseradish."
"We are not big fans of horseradish. Do you taste it when cooked?"
"I clipped this out of the magazine forever ago - and just found it again. This is now my son's new favorite - easy, hot and hearty."
"My husband said this was the best ever and wants me to make it more often"
"It was just ok. I won't make again."
"This is by far my sons favorite dish, loves it for valentines day in the shape of a heart"