“The combination of creamy blue cheese, tart apples and tangy lime dressing in this unique, easy salad keeps people asking for the recipe,” says Heather Koetsier, Grand Rapids, Michigan.
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (10 ounces) hearts of romaine salad mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1 medium red apple, chopped
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- In a small skillet over medium heat, cook the almonds, salt and pepper in butter for 5-6 minutes or until toasted, stirring occasionally. Drain on paper towels.
- In a large bowl, combine the romaine, blue cheese, apple, lime peel and almonds. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the dressing ingredients; shake well. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Blue Cheese Tossed Salad in Simple & Delicious November/December 2007, p40
Reviews forBlue Cheese Tossed Salad
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review