Blue Cheese Thins
I grew up in the South with cheese straws at most potlucks and meals. These use blue cheese for a bit of twist. They are wonderful to munch before the meal. They can also be crumbled and added to soups or salads. —Kim Fabrizio, Burien, Washington
Total TimePrep: 15 min. + chilling Bake: 15 min./batch + cooling
Makesabout 3 dozen
- 1-1/4 cups crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 to 6 teaspoons water
- In a large bowl, beat blue cheese and butter until blended. Whisk together flour, poppy seeds, salt and garlic powder; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Gradually stir in enough water to form a soft dough.
- Divide dough in half; shape each into a 5-1/2-in. long roll. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Unwrap and cut dough into 1/4-in. slices. Place 2 in. apart on parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake until edges are lightly browned, 13-15 minutes. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool.
Nutrition Facts1 appetizer : 60 calories, 4g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 107mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.