Blue Cheese Stuffed Walnuts
Set a plate of these nutty, one-bite snacks out and watch them disappear. They're so easy to make.—Charlotte Rogers, Virginia Beach, Virginia
Total TimePrep: 30 min. + chilling
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 96 walnut or pecan halves (about 2-1/2 cups)
- In a small bowl, beat the first six ingredients until blended. Shape into 1/2-in. balls. Place each between 2 walnut halves; gently press together. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight.
To Make Ahead: The walnuts can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 41 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 43mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat.
Originally published as Bleu Cheese Stuffed Walnuts in Taste of Home Christmas Annual 2011