Blue Cheese-Stuffed Steaks
For a fast, fancy dinner, try this tender beef with a mild blue cheese stuffing. Grape tomatoes sauteed in garlic make a colorful and flavorful accompaniment.—Teddy Devico, Warren, New Jersey
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 cups grape tomatoes
- 4 boneless beef top loin steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large skillet, saute garlic in oil until tender. Cover and cook over low heat for 5-7 minutes or until golden and softened. Add tomatoes; cook and stir until tomatoes just begin to burst. Remove from the skillet; set aside and keep warm.
- 2. Cut a pocket in the thickest part of each steak; fill with blue cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 3. In the same skillet, cook steaks over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Serve with tomato mixture.
1 steak with 1 cup tomato mixture: 463 calories, 23g fat (8g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 644mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 53g protein.
© 2019 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC