Blue Cheese-Stuffed Steaks for Two
For a fast, fancy dinner for two, try this tender beef with a mild blue cheese stuffing. Grape tomatoes sauteed in garlic make a colorful and flavorful accompaniment. —Teddy Devico, Warren, New Jersey
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 2 boneless beef top loin steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute garlic in oil until tender. Cover and cook over low heat for 5-7 minutes or until golden and softened. Add tomatoes; cook and stir until tomatoes just begin to burst. Remove from the skillet; set aside and keep warm.
- Cut a pocket in the thickest part of each steak; fill with blue cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In the same skillet, cook steaks over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Serve with tomato mixture.
Editor's NoteTop loin steak may be labeled as strip steak, Kansas City steak, New York strip steak, ambassador steak or boneless club steak in your region.
Nutrition Facts1 steak with 1 cup tomato mixture: 463 calories, 23g fat (8g saturated fat), 113mg cholesterol, 644mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 53g protein.
Originally published as Stuffed N.Y. Strip Steak in Taste of Home June/July 2011