Blue Cheese-Stuffed Steaks for Two
For a fast, fancy dinner for two, try this tender beef with a mild blue cheese stuffing. Grape tomatoes sauteed in garlic make a colorful and flavorful accompaniment. —Teddy Devico, Warren, New Jersey
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 2 boneless beef top loin steaks (8 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large skillet, saute garlic in oil until tender. Cover and cook over low heat for 5-7 minutes or until golden and softened. Add tomatoes; cook and stir until tomatoes just begin to burst. Remove from the skillet; set aside and keep warm.
- Cut a pocket in the thickest part of each steak; fill with blue cheese. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- In the same skillet, cook steaks over medium heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Serve with tomato mixture.