When entertaining during the holidays. it's nice to have make-ahead recipes like this. Crunchy toasted walnuts complement the creamy spread.—Carole Bess White, Portland, Oregon
Recommended: 40 Appetizers for Fall Celebrations
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 3 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 2 cups (8 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons Cognac or brandy
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Assorted crackers
- In a small skillet, saute shallots in butter until tender. Remove from the heat; cool.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the cheeses, sour cream, Cognac, salt and pepper. Add shallots and mix well. Line a 3-cup bowl with plastic wrap. Spread cheese mixture into prepared bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Unmold onto a serving plate; garnish with walnuts. Serve with crackers. Yield: 3 cups.
Originally published as Blue Cheese Spread in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p86
Reviews forBlue Cheese Spread
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 13, 2012
"This is my favorite blue cheese spread/ball recipe. If you like blue cheese you must try it!! Delicious!!!"