Blue Cheese Spinach Salad
Perk up simple spinach with bacon, cheese and lively dressing that Myra Innes of Auburn, Kansas created. "The lemon juice in the dressing adds just the right zing," she says.—Myra Innes, Auburn, Kansas
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups torn fresh spinach
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- Combine the first four ingredients; mix well and set aside. In a medium salad bowl, toss spinach, onion and mushrooms. Just before serving, pour dressing over salad and toss well. Sprinkle with bacon and blue cheese.