Blue Cheese Salad with Onion and Pear
This pretty and flavorful salad with a contrast of texture is refreshing and versatile…a nice accompaniment to a variety of entrees. Using this list of ingredients as a base for two, it can easily be increased to serve many more.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 1 can (8-1/2 ounces) pear halves, drained
- 2 thin slices red onion, separated into rings
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Divide lettuce between two salad plates. Top with pears, onion, blue cheese and walnuts. In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, syrup, mustard, garlic powder and onion powder until blended. Drizzle over salads.
Originally published as Pear Cheese Salad in Reminisce February/March 2007
Feb 16, 2013
This salad was tangy and tasty. Easy to prepare, too! I made it for 4 - FYI there are about 5 pear halves in one can of pears. You can also slice the pears and fan them out for an even snazzier presentation. Great change of pace!