Blue Cheese Salad with Onion and Pear
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 3 cups torn leaf lettuce
- 1 can (8-1/2 ounces) pear halves, drained
- 2 thin slices red onion, separated into rings
- 3 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons raspberry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1/4 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder
- Divide lettuce between two salad plates. Top with pears, onion, blue cheese and walnuts. In a small bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, syrup, mustard, garlic powder and onion powder until blended. Drizzle over salads.
Feb 16, 2013
This salad was tangy and tasty. Easy to prepare, too! I made it for 4 - FYI there are about 5 pear halves in one can of pears. You can also slice the pears and fan them out for an even snazzier presentation. Great change of pace!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.