Blue Cheese Romaine Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup pine nuts
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 6 cups torn romaine
- 3/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 medium apples or pears, diced
- LEMON VINAIGRETTE:
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Combine pine nuts and butter; spread on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 4-6 minutes until golden brown, stirring once. Cool on a wire rack. In a large bowl, combine romaine and blue cheese. Add apples and pine nuts.
- In a food processor or blender, combine the lemon juice, brown sugar, garlic, salt and pepper; cover and process until smooth. While processing, gradually add oil in a steady stream. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 347 calories, 31g fat (8g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 359mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein.
Every product is independently selected by our editors. If you buy something through our links, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Mar 6, 2017
This salad is easy and fresh. I didn't have pines nuts so I used a bag of cranberry and walnuts that can be found I. The salad topped section of the grocery store. I used a half gala apple and a bag of prepared romaine lettuce. I loved the dressing and only needed half for my salad. I skipped the food processor to save some clean-up and it turned out great. I just whisked the dressing up in the morning and stored it in the fridge until I was ready to use (if you do this shake it up or re-whisk before adding to salad). My family loved this salad and I will be making again. Maybe I'll try it with pears next time.