Blue Cheese Roast Beef Sandwiches
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 slices rye or whole wheat bread
- 3/4 pound thinly sliced deli roast beef
- 1/3 cup roasted sweet red peppers
- Bibb or Boston lettuce leaves
- In a small bowl, mash the blue cheese with a fork. Whisk in sour cream and mayonnaise; season with salt and pepper. Spread over one side of each slice of bread.
- On four slices, layer roast beef, red peppers and lettuce; top with remaining bread.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 494 calories, 22g fat (8g saturated fat), 65mg cholesterol, 2009mg sodium, 38g carbohydrate (12g sugars, 4g fiber), 34g protein.
Oct 4, 2011
This is sooooooooo delicious; the spread is "simply scrupptious", as the contributer says. I didn't use the peppers, but I made this into a wrap. I simply spread the yummy spread on a tortilla, topped it with roast beef, added some crunchy romaine and wrapped it up tightly. I really enjoyed it in my brown bag lunch, and will definitely make it for company too!
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.