Blue Cheese Quiche with Caramelized Pears
Total TimePrep: 25 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1 sheet frozen puff pastry, thawed
- 8 turkey bacon strips, diced
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 8 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 3 medium pears, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Unfold puff pastry; press into a greased 9-in. fluted tart pan with removable bottom. In a large skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crisp. Spoon bacon into crust and sprinkle with blue cheese. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, Parmesan cheese, salt, nutmeg and pepper; pour over top.
- Bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add pears and brown sugar; cook 4 minutes longer. Serve with quiche.
Nutrition Facts1 piece with about 1/4 cup topping: 501 calories, 35g fat (15g saturated fat), 284mg cholesterol, 916mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 5g fiber), 17g protein.
Dec 25, 2015
Rich in flavor...added some butter and a dash of salt to pears. Quiche is delicious and is complemented by the pears. Very nice dish for brunch or holiday breakfast.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.