From her home in Locust Grove, Oklahoma, Linda Foreman sends this longtime family-favorite recipe. “It makes the most delicious creamy gravy to serve over pork chops,” Linda writes. “With just a hint of blue cheese flavor, it really tastes like something from a fancy restaurant.” TIP: “I like to serve this special dish with sauteed mushrooms,” Linda adds.
Recommended: 40 Easy Pork Chop Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 4 bone-in pork loin chops (1 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- In a small saucepan, bring cream to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 15-20 minutes or until thickened. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, brown pork chops in oil over medium heat until juices run clear, about 20 minutes. Sprinkle with garlic powder and pepper.
- Stir the blue cheese into the cream; cook and stir over medium heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is softened. Pour over pork chops. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Blue Cheese Pork Chops in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p41
Reviews forBlue Cheese Pork Chops
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 31, 2013
"What a satisfying meal and always well received. The blue cheese sauce is delicious!"