Blue Cheese Pear Salad Recipe
- 8 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 cup unpeeled fresh pear slices
- 1 cup fresh raspberries, optional
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Pepper to taste
- 1. In a large salad bowl, combine the greens, pears, raspberries if desired, blue cheese and nuts. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the remaining ingredients; shake well. Pour over salad and toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 cup: 111 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 4mg cholesterol, 105mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Blue Cheese Pear Salad
"I wouldn't make this recipe as written, but I used apples instead of rasberries and for the dressing, Trader Joes champagne pear vinaigrette is wonderful."
"Well, thank God, I didn't make this salad for my inlaws at Thanksgiving, but I did try it for my fiance and my mother. The dressing is horrible, it does not bring out the flavor of the pear, and makes the blue cheese even more pungent, this combo would probably taste better with a different dressing. This dressing ruined the whole salad, my mother barely touched it. The dressing is too bitter. Wont make this again."