Blue Cheese Onions
When the tangy cheese softens and melds with baked onions and butter, you have a side dish fit for company. It's wonderful, straight from the oven, served with any meat. —Norma Reynolds, York, Pennsylvania
Total TimePrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a food processor, combine the blue cheese, Worcestershire sauce, dill and pepper; cover and process until blended.
- Place onions in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter; top with tablespoonfuls of blue cheese mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Facts1/4 cup: 183 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 42mg cholesterol, 457mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 6g protein.
Originally published as Blue Cheese Onions in Country Woman April/May 2008
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.