When the tangy cheese softens and melds with baked onions and butter, you have a side dish fit for company. It's wonderful, straight from the oven, served with any meat. —Norma Reynolds, York, Pennsylvania
Recommended: Our Most Gooey Grilled Cheese Sandwiches Ever
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 large onions, thinly sliced
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a food processor, combine the blue cheese, Worcestershire sauce, dill and pepper; cover and process until blended.
- Place onions in an ungreased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Drizzle with butter; top with tablespoonfuls of blue cheese mixture.
- Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 cups.
Originally published as Blue Cheese Onions in Country Woman April/May 2008, p25
Reviews forBlue Cheese Onions
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 15, 2010
"This was ok nothing special. Rather strong bleu cheese flavor."