Blue Cheese ‘n’ Fruit Tossed Salad
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons plus 1-1/2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- Sugar substitute equivalent to 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/4 teaspoons poppy seeds
- 3/4 teaspoon grated onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 2 medium tart apples, chopped
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1/3 cup pecan halves, toasted
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- In blender, combine the first eight ingredients; cover and process until blended. In a large bowl, combine the romaine, apples, oranges and pecans. Add dressing and toss to coat; sprinkle with blue cheese.
Editor's NoteThis recipe was tested with Splenda no-calorie sweetener.
Nutrition Facts3/4 cup: 170 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 194mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fruit.
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.
Apr 13, 2019
I thought my family would love this recipe; they didn't, but I certainly DID! I did add some sunflower seeds to the mix and since I do not like blue cheese, I subbed the cheese. I will make this some time for a church potluck.
Jan 9, 2012
this recipe is the bomb,made for my husband and he really doesn't like nuts in his food but he loved it,having our family over for a sunday dinner and i will be making this again for them.I used Paul Newmans Poppy seed dressing and if was perfect with it.thanks for sharing.
Jan 15, 2011
Nice, crispy refreshing salad. The dressing is a little runny, however, I think I would omit the water if I make it again.