Blue Cheese Heart Tarts
—Rita Cox, Round Rock, Texas
Total TimePrep: 45 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons minced chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3 packages (15 ounces each) refrigerated pie pastry
- In a small bowl, beat cheeses until well blended. Add the butter, cream, eggs, chives and seasonings. Beat until light and fluffy; set aside.
- Using a 2-1/2-in. heart-shaped cookie cutter, cut pastry into 102 hearts. Gently press cutouts onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups or miniature heart-shaped muffin cups. Spoon 1 teaspoon filling into each.
- Bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Cool in pans for 5 minutes before removing. Serve warm.
Originally published as Blue Cheese Heart Tarts in Crafting Traditions May/June 1997
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.