Blue Cheese Flat Iron Steak
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/4 pounds beef flat iron steak or top sirloin steak (1 inch thick)
- BLUE CHEESE BUTTER:
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a shallow dish, combine the first seven ingredients. Add beef; turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes.
- 2. In a small bowl, mix blue cheese, butter, chives and pepper; set aside. Drain beef, discarding marinade.
- 3. Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 5-7 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 135°; medium, 140°; medium-well, 145°). Serve with blue cheese butter.
4 ounces cooked beef with 2 tablespoons cheese mixture: 483 calories, 39 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 120 mg cholesterol, 414 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 29 g protein.
Jan 2, 2018
Excellent! Easy and delicious! The only thing I changed was the cooking technique, using my tried and true broiling method of 3 minutes per side for 15-18 minutes. The blue cheese butter really compliments the steak. Definitely will be making repeat performances in my house!
Apr 2, 2017
We love it. Have fixed this several times and we are having it again tonight. Love the blue cheese butter.
Oct 24, 2014
I definitely like the blue cheese butter with the steak!
Dec 31, 1969
Delicious I would definitely make it again. I love the chive and blue cheese butter. Its so simple quick and easy.
Dec 31, 1969
I made sandwiches out of fresh ciabatta bread - oh my goodness they were good and a big hit with my company. The blue cheese butter was so easy to make and the perfect touch.
Nov 17, 2013
Excellent! I could have eaten the blue cheese butter with a spoon!
Jul 1, 2013
We made these for our anniversary dinner and they were to die for! Way better than going out to a restaurant!
May 14, 2013
Delicious made to recipe on Weber gas grill