- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons soft bread crumbs
- 1 beef top sirloin steak (1 inch thick and 1-1/2 pounds)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat broiler. In a large broil-safe skillet, heat 1 tablespoon butter over medium heat; saute onion until tender. Transfer to a bowl; stir in cheese and bread crumbs.
- Cut steak into four pieces; sprinkle with salt and pepper. In same pan, heat remaining butter over medium heat; cook steaks until desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°), 4-5 minutes per side.
- Spread onion mixture over steaks. Broil 4-6 in. from heat until lightly browned, 2-3 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews forBlue Cheese-Crusted Sirloin Steaks
"Just made this recipe for my husband. I had another recipe that I tried at the same time. 2 steaks per recipe. Both of us favored the flavor of this recipe. In fact we placed the crust on the remaining steaks of the recipe that was less favorable. This is a do again!"
"This is a very simple recipe, but good. Now I know why people eat blue cheese with steak! I omitted the onion but otherwise made it as written, and we all liked it."