Blue Cheese Crostini
“My sister-in-law gave me this great recipe, which includes two of my favorite ingredients—blue cheese and pears. Yum!” writes Kate Hilts of Grand Rapids, Michigan. TIP: “Instead of a loaf of French bread, I usually buy a baguette and cut it at an angle to give the slices a nice look,” Kate adds.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled blue cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 15 slices French bread (1/2 inch thick), lightly toasted
- 1 medium ripe pear
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth. Stir in the blue cheese and walnuts. Spread evenly over toasted bread.
- Place on a baking sheet. Broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes or until cheese is bubbly. Core pear and cut into 30 thin slices. Place two pear slices on each crostini. Serve warm.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 129 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 21mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Originally published as Blue Cheese Crostini in Quick Cooking November/December 2005
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.