Blue Cheese Chicken Salad Sandwiches
I'm a big fan of blue cheese dressing, so I decided to go the "no mayo" route and replace it in this chicken salad. So tangy! Serve the chicken mixture on a bed of lettuce if you're in the mood for salad instead. —Giovanna Kranenberg, Cambridge, Minnesota
- 2/3 cup chunky blue cheese salad dressing
- 1 celery rib, diced
- 1/2 cup seeded and diced cucumber
- 1/3 cup diced carrot
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie chicken, chilled
- 12 slices sourdough bread
- Crumbled blue cheese, optional
- 1. Mix first eight ingredients; stir in chicken. Spread over half of the bread slices. If desired, sprinkle with blue cheese. Top with remaining bread.
1 sandwich: 418 calories, 19g fat (4g saturated fat), 50mg cholesterol, 747mg sodium, 40g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 2g fiber), 22g protein.
© 2020 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC