Blue Cheese Chicken Pitas
Select any creamy dressing to use in this easy chicken salad sandwich.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1 package (9 ounces) ready-to-use grilled Italian chicken strips
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup shredded romaine
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup real bacon bits
- 1/2 cup blue cheese salad dressing
- 2 whole wheat pita pocket halves
- In a bowl, combine the first five ingredients. Add dressing and toss to coat. Stuff each pita half with 1/2 cup chicken salad.
Nutrition Facts2 each: 734 calories, 39g fat (8g saturated fat), 100mg cholesterol, 1489mg sodium, 59g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 8g fiber), 46g protein.
Originally published as Blue Cheese Chicken Pita in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy 2005