Blue Cheese Burgers
Instead of topping your burgers with the usual cheddar or Swiss cheeses, stuff them with blue cheese. We've been serving these for many years.
Total TimePrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound ground beef
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- 2 hamburger buns, split and toasted
- 2 slices red onion
- Tomato slices and lettuce leaves, optional
- Shape beef into four thin patties. Grill, covered, over medium heat for 3 minutes on each side or until meat is no longer pink. Season with salt and pepper.
- Press blue cheese into the center of two patties; top with remaining patties. Serve on buns with onion, tomato and lettuce if desired.
Nutrition Facts1 each: 580 calories, 31g fat (15g saturated fat), 132mg cholesterol, 786mg sodium, 23g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 1g fiber), 50g protein.
Originally published as Blue Cheese Burgers in Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook 2003
Follow along as we show you how to make these fantastic recipes from our archive.